Maury J. Noonan
I solve problems and help manage risk. Whether you are dealing with a complex environmental regulatory matter, a dispute with your neighbor, or simply have a question keeping you up at night, I can help.
Growing up on a farm taught me how to work hard, embrace challenge, and the value of a dollar. I bring the same principles to my legal practice to provide high-quality and efficient legal services.
A native of Emmetsburg, Iowa, Maury concentrates his practice in:
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Agriculture Law
- Water Law
- Land Use
- Municipal Law
Maury graduated from Grinnell College with a degree in Political Science. Maury received his law degree, with an emphasis on environmental law and natural resources, from the University of Kansas.
Prior to joining Rinke Noonan, Maury worked as an attorney for a law firm in Iowa, where he maintained a practice that included work on agricultural issues, transactional matters, and municipal legal work. While in law school, he worked for both the General Counsel’s Office of the United States Department of Agriculture and the Kansas Department of Transportation. Maury also worked for an international law firm in the Czech Republic as a legal researcher and editor prior to attending law school.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
Maury’s professional activities have included membership in the Iowa Corn Growers Association – ILEAD Program, the Iowa State Bar Association – Environmental and Young Lawyers, and several legal education planning committees.
- How Far Does the Clean Water Act Reach? - by Maury Noonan
- Iowa Drainage Law Basics and Drainage Agreements - by Maury Noonan
- Why is watershed phosphorus loading so stubbornly persistent? - by Joe M. Bischoff, Wenck
- Swampbuster: Does Your Project Qualify for an Exemption? - by Maury Noonan
- Freedom of Information Day - by Adam A. Ripple