Nicholas R. Delaney Attorney
Areas of Practice:
Nick is a native of Winona, Minnesota. He has been a shareholder of the firm since 2011. His practice is multi-faceted with a focus on the following areas of law:
- Complex Civil Litigation Matters
- Real Estate and Construction
- Family Law Litigation
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Condemnation/Eminent Domain
Immediately after law school, Nick relocated to the St. Cloud area where he has remained ever since. St. Cloud has become home, due in large part to Nick’s community involvement.
Nick currently lives in South Haven with his family and enjoys spending as much time as possible in the outdoors golfing, camping, 4-wheeling, hunting, or fishing. Nick takes great pride in helping his clients through what is often times the most challenging experience of their life and making the client’s feel at ease and comfortable. He believes that his no-nonsense approach to reaching effective and efficient resolutions is what makes client’s come back to him with their future legal needs and what causes them to refer their friends and family.
Education & Experience
Nick graduated with honors (magna cum laude) from Mount Mercy College in Cedar Rapids, IA in 2002 with a triple major in Criminal Justice, Psychology and Sociology. He went on to attend law school at Hamline University in St. Paul, MN and graduated with honors (cum laude) in 2005. During his education, he enjoyed experience with a number of private Twin Cities law firms and interned with the United States Attorney’s Office.
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
Nick’s community involvement in the St. Cloud area has included Board of Directors for the Central Minnesota Builder’s Association (CMBA), Board Member of the St. Cloud Area Downtown Council, Board of Directors for Stearns County Pheasants Forever and member of the St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce and St. Cloud Area Association of Realtors (SCAAR). He is a current Board Member of the Great River Federal Credit Union. Nick was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015.
Property Owner Condemnation
Probate and Trust Litigation
- Do I Need to Change My Life Insurance Beneficiary After Divorce? - by Pamela Steckman and Ian Iaaacson
- My Ex Isn’t Paying Child Support. Now What? - by Jonathan Wolf
- Will Minnesota’s New Child Support Laws Affect Me? - by Nick Delaney and Luke Belflower
- How is Spousal Maintenance/Alimony Calculated in Minnesota? - by Nick Delaney
- Who Gets the House in a Divorce in Minnesota? - by Nick Delaney
- Can an Unmarried Father Get Custody? - by Jonathan Wolf
- Divorce and Personal Property and Real Estate FAQ