Nicholas R. Delaney
When not in the office or spending time with my beautiful wife and daughters, you can find me in the outdoors. Hunting and fishing are my other loves. My passion for the outdoors has taught me the benefits of preparation, patience, persistence, planning, and learning from experience, including one’s mistakes.
These are among the traits I bring to my litigation practice. While litigation does at times require me to employ my killer instincts, there are other times for measured and carefully thought out strategies. Litigation can be emotional and stressful. It is rewarding to carry some of that load for my clients and offer them strategies and approaches that perhaps they have not given thought to.
If you find yourself being sued or encounter a situation in which you need relief from the court, give me a call and let’s sit down and identify a successful strategy together.
Nick is a native of Winona, Minnesota. He has been a shareholder of the firm since 2011. His practice is multi-faceted with a focus on the following areas of law:
- Complex Civil Litigation Matters
- Real Estate and Construction
- Family Law Litigation
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Condemnation/Eminent Domain
Immediately after law school, Nick relocated to the St. Cloud area where he has remained ever since. St. Cloud has become home, due in large part to Nick’s community involvement.
Nick takes great pride in helping his clients through what is oftentimes the most challenging experience of their life and making the clients feel at ease and comfortable. He believes that his no-nonsense approach to reaching effective and efficient resolutions is what makes clients come back to him with their future legal needs and what causes them to refer their friends and family.
Nick graduated magna cum laude from Mount Mercy College with a triple major in Criminal Justice, Psychology and Sociology. He went on to attend law school at Hamline University and graduated cum laude. During his education, he enjoyed experiences with a number of private Twin Cities law firms and interned with the United States Attorney’s Office.
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
Nick’s community involvement in the St. Cloud area has included Board of Directors for the Central Minnesota Builder’s Association (CMBA), Board Member of the St. Cloud Area Downtown Council, Board of Directors for Stearns County Pheasants Forever and member of the St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce and St. Cloud Area Association of Realtors (SCAAR). He is a current Board Member of the Great River Federal Credit Union. Nick was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015.
Property Owner Condemnation
Probate and Trust Litigation
Fargo Moorhead Diversion Project
FARGO MOORHEAD AREA DIVERSION PROJECT
The Fargo Moorhead Diversion Project is a major flood control project intended to provide flood relief to the primarily the City of Fargo and Moorhead. Unfortunately, this will come at the expense of others, including many rural landowners and farmers. For more information on the Project, click on the link below.
- Are There Exceptions to Pre-Lien Notice Requirements? - by Eric Zumbach
- We Have Agreed to the Terms of Our Divorce, Do I Need a Lawyer? - by Brittany Riehm and Pamela Steckman
- Do I Need to Change My Life Insurance Beneficiary After Divorce? - by Pamela Steckman and Ian Iaacson
- My Ex Isn’t Paying Child Support. Now What? - by Jonathan Wolf
- Will Minnesota’s New Child Support Laws Affect Me? - by Nick Delaney and Luke Belflower
- How is Spousal Maintenance/Alimony Calculated in Minnesota? - by Nick Delaney
- Who Gets the House in a Divorce in Minnesota? - by Nick Delaney
- Can an Unmarried Father Get Custody? - by Jonathan Wolf
- Divorce and Personal Property and Real Estate FAQ