Stefanie L. Brown
Growing up in St. Michael-Albertville when it was mostly active farm fields (before the outlet mall), my dad ran a business out of our home, which he still does today. I understood early that for most people, their business isn’t a 9-5 time card to be punched.
That’s shaped how I operate today, I work with people to grow and develop their business, and to protect and transition their wealth. It is just woven into my busy life. It drives my involvement in economic development and philanthropic organizations in our community, and it’s the skills and values I model for my two kids. It’s not uncommon that I will go to my daughter’s basketball game at 3:00 and then take a call to work though an issue with a client in the parking lot as I’m leaving the school.
It’s not “my job”, it’s just a part of my life, right alongside with a million kids’ activities, going to the lake, and cheering on the Gopher sports with my husband. You don’t quit thinking about your business at 5 p.m. and neither do I.
A native of Albertville/St. Michael, Stefanie Brown is a shareholder in the firm. She concentrates her practice in:
- General Business and Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate
- Business Succession and Estate Planning
- Farm Succession Planning
Stefanie graduated magna cum laude from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls with a degree in Business. She received her law degree cum laude from the University of Minnesota and joined Rinke Noonan in 2002.
- North Dakota
Stefanie is involved in several professional and community service organizations in Central Minnesota including:
- Vice-Chair of the Business Corp for the Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation
- Professional Advisors Council for the Central Minnesota Community Foundation
- Board of Directors for the Central Minnesota Community Foundation
- Good Samaritan Fund Committee Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Central Minnesota Estate Planning Council
- Stearns Benton Bar Association
- Wills for Heroes Program
Real Estate Law
Corporate/Business Purchases and Sales
Real Estate Law
- Will I Lose Government Benefits If I Receive a Personal Injury Settlement? - by Monique Halet
- How Do I Choose a Guardian For My Children? - by Monique Halet
- Can I Get Unemployment Insurance if I’m Self-Employed? - by Aaron Sandvig
- A Guide to Estate Planning - by Bethany Cross
- When should I update my estate plan?
- How is property transferred at death?
- Probate: Truths vs. Myths
- Should something unexpected happen, who will handle your affairs?
- What does a Health Care Directive actually do?
- Do I need an estate plan? - by Stefanie Brown
- SBA Disaster Loan Application is now open. Do you qualify? - by Stefanie Hedlund
- Is your business considered critical?
- SBA offers Low Interest Loans to businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 - by Eric Zumbach
- What Employers Need to Know About the Family First Act - by Roger Justin
- Can I Avoid Taxes by Moving to Another State? - by Monique Halet
- Can I Avoid Probate? - by Bethany Cross
- Beware of the Fine Print! – Common Commercial Contractual Issues - by Brodie L. Miller