Tonya T. Hinkemeyer
Digging in the dirt has been in my blood since childhood as both my maternal and paternal grandmothers had enormous vegetable and flower gardens on their respective family farms. I’ve learned the most successful gardens start long before the seeds hit the ground. Planning, soil preparation, and timing are key factors to obtaining optimal growth with Minnesota’s short season and I love to take in gardening tips from clients and colleagues.
I approach my cases in a similar manner to how I approach my garden. Plan your approach. Prepare your case. Have thoughtful timing. And always listen.
A native of St. Cloud, Tonya Hinkemeyer is a shareholder in the firm. She concentrates her practice in:
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- General Civil Litigation
As a criminal defense and DUI attorney, Tonya’s expertise helps protect the civil rights of those accused of crimes. In her personal injury and civil litigation practice, Tonya also helps parties find fair and equitable resolutions to disputes and passionately represents her clients’ claims.
Tonya graduated cum laude from St. Cloud State University with a Bachelor of Science degree. She received her law degree from Hamline University School of Law where she served as Editor in Chief for the Journal of Public Law & Policy.
Tonya was also the 2001 recipient of the Larry K. Bakken Excellence in Leadership Award. She joined Rinke Noonan in 2002.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
Tonya is a past President and Board member of the Stearns Benton Bar Association, she has been involved with the Central Minnesota Community Foundation-Emerging Leaders Forum, and has served as agency mentor for the Central MN Tri-County Action Program (Tri-CAP) and as a volunteer with Central Minnesota Habitat for Humanity. She is a member of the John E. Simonett Chapter of the American Inns of Court and a member of Minnesota Women Lawyers, Central Minnesota Chapter.
Guardianship & Conservatorship
Social Security Disability Appeals
- Can I Get a DUI While Driving my Snowmobile, Boat or ATV? - by Brian Jesse
- Have You Been Convicted of Refusing a DUI Test? - by Brian Jesse
- Little Alan’s Law – Minnesota’s New DWI Law August 2018 - by Tonya Hinkemeyer and Luke Belflower
- Can My Criminal Record be Expunged? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer and Ian Isaacson
- How is Bail Determined in Minnesota? - by Bethany Cross
- What is the Ignition Interlock? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- Who is at fault for my injury? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- How long does a personal injury trial last? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- Felony or Misdemeanor: What is the Difference? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- Can I sue if I tripped on the sidewalk? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- 1st Degree or 3rd Degree: Which is worse? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- What is the difference between assault and battery? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- How much is a DUI in Minnesota? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- Wrongful Death Claims in Minnesota - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- Expungements in Minnesota - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- What should I know if I am arrested? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- Statute of Limitations for Tort Claims in MN - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- What is No-Fault Insurance Coverage and what does it cover if I’m in an auto accident? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- MN DUI/DWI law and the Ignition Interlock - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- What to do if you are involved in an Automobile Accident - by Tonya Hinkemeyer
- What to do if your child is in trouble with the law? - by Tonya Hinkemeyer