News & Info

Should I Make a Personal Injury Claim?

What should I do if I was injured in a car accident?

If you are injured in a car accident and you were not at fault for causing the accident, you may be entitled to bring a claim against the at fault driver and their insurance company if you sustained an injury.  In the State of Minnesota, before you can make a personal injury claim from a car accident, you must meet one of the following thresholds:

  1. Death;
  2. Sixty (60) days of total disability;
  3. Permanent scar;
  4. $4,000.00 in medical bills (excluding x-rays, MRI’s, and CT Scans); or
  5. Permanent disability.

Personal injury claims that do not require a threshold before bringing a claim or a lawsuit include non-auto accident cases such as construction accidents, farm accidents, home accidents, dog bite injuries, injuries from a defective product, product liability, sexual assault, sexual harassment, ATV accidents, in addition to slip and fall injuries.  Slip and fall accidents are common claims in Minnesota.  A homeowner or a business owner is under a legal obligation to keep and maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition for use to all who enter or exit their premises.  There are a number of factors to consider.  If you are injured through no fault of your own, you may have a claim.  Rinke Noonan is firmly committed to helping injured victims recover money for their loss, which may include but are not limited to medical expenses, wage loss, emotional distress, as well as pain and suffering.  Contact Rinke Noonan for a free consultation.

© 2017 All Rights Reserved Rinke Noonan Ltd.


Posted in: