Truths About Probate:
- Probate is required even with a will;
- The public can see my probate documents (including inventory lists with values);
- I can use a revocable trust to avoid probate;
- My personal representative may need to appear in court;
- It may take weeks to get the personal representative appointed;
- A probate may cost $3,000 – $5,000
Myths About Probate:
- The court gets a percentage of my assets;
- There will be a formal reading of the will;
- If you die without a will, the state gets everything;
- A Trust is the only way to avoid probate;
- A probate usually takes years;
- The probate will control ALL of my assets.
Our experienced attorneys are here to answer your questions and help guide you through the process of probate.