Can I sue if I tripped on the sidewalk?

Do I have a case if I slipped on a sidewalk?

If a property owner is negligent for maintaining an unsafe sidewalk and you trip and fall and you are injured as a result of the fall, you may have a personal injury claim.  In Minnesota, a premises owner is under a legal obligation to keep and maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition for use to all who enter or exit the premises.

All property owners (both private homeowners and business owners) must use reasonable care to prevent a person from being injured by conditions on their property.   Slip and fall accidents are common claims in Minnesota.  There are a variety of factors which could be considered negligent.  These factors may include foreign substances being left on the on the floor, unmarked uneven surfaces, holes on a walking surface, defects of a floor or stairway, snow and or ice that was not properly cleared after a weather event.

If you are injured through no fault of your own, you may have a claim.  Rinke Noonan is firmly committed to helping injured victims recover money for their loss, which may include but are not limited to medical expenses, wage loss, emotional distress, as well as pain and suffering.  Contact Rinke Noonan for a free consultation.

© 2018 All Rights Reserved Rinke Noonan Ltd.

The information provided on this website is intended to be used as a source of general information and is not provided as legal advice. This information and content should not be considered legal advice used in resolving specific problems or questions, and may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. No user of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information on this site without first seeking legal advice from counsel. Access to this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between the user and the website authors, contributors, or Rinke Noonan Law Firm. Please contact the attorneys at Rinke Noonan Law Firm if you are interested in obtaining advice with respect to any particular legal matter.


Related Attorneys: Related Practice Areas: