John C. Kolb Attorney
Areas of Practice:
A native of Minneapolis, John Kolb is a shareholder in the firm. He concentrates his practice in:
- Water Law
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Land Use
- Municipal Law
John co-authored the chapter Local-Scale Institutions: Lake Management Associations and Watershed Districts in the recently published book entitled Water Policy in Minnesota: Issues, Incentives and Action. For further information or to purchase the book click here.
Education & Experience
John graduated from St. John’s University. He received his law degree from the University of Minnesota. He joined Rinke Noonan in 1996.
John is a retired member of the Army National Guard where he held the rank of Colonel. He had over 20 years of active and reserve service, and commanded a combat battalion for over two years, including 16 months in Iraq.
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
John is active in several local, state, and national community service organizations and advisory boards.
- Why is watershed phosphorus loading so stubbornly persistent? - by Joe M. Bischoff, Wenck
- Swampbuster: Does Your Project Qualify for an Exemption? - by Maury Noonan
- Minnesota Drainage Law - by John Kolb and Kale VanBruggen
- John Kolb and Kale VanBruggen on Drainage Law on AgPhd Radio - by John C. Kolb and Kale R. Van Bruggen
- Freedom of Information Day - by Adam A. Ripple
- Buffer Strips On Minnesota’s Waterways And Ditches - by Kale Van Bruggen and John Kolb
- The Clean Water Act and Wetlands: EPA and Army Corps Rule on “waters of the United States” - by Kale Van Bruggen and John Kolb
- Contractor Liability: Wetland Drainage and Pollutant Discharge - by Kale Van Bruggen and John Kolb
- The Clean Water Act and Wetlands: Redeposit vs. Incidental Fallback - by Kale Van Bruggen and John Kolb
- The Clean Water Act and Wetlands: Expansion of Federal Jurisdiction - by Kale Van Bruggen and John Kolb
- NRCS Certified Wetland Determinations: Things You Should Know - by Kale Van Bruggen and John Kolb
- North Dakota Tile Drainage: Common Questions and Answers on Permit Requirements - by Kale Van Bruggen and John Kolb