Jonathan D. Wolf
Sitting still is not my strong suit. Depending on the time of year, you might find me cruising along the banks of the Mississippi on my semi-classic Honda Shadow, fattening up my passport, courtesy of the countries you still need visas to go to, or even hunting alligators in the bayous outside New Orleans. When I’m not filling my brain with new experiences, I’m filling my laptop with them – or I’m reading about other people’s. I’m an avid writer and reader in my personal life as well as my professional one. Minnesota’s long winters give me the chance to catch up on my more sedentary pursuits.
Looking at life a little differently helps me bring a unique perspective to each case. I want to see the things that another lawyer might not see and make the arguments another lawyer might not think to make. I also bring the much-underappreciated value of good writing to my clients. You won’t see a lot of brief writing on Law & Order, but the outcome on most contested issues is largely determined based on the written submissions. You may have already won or lost long before anyone ever sets foot inside a courtroom.
Jonathan concentrates his practice in:
- Family Law Appellate Litigation
- General Litigation
- Environmental Law
Jonathan is a former adjunct professor in the Lawyering program at Mitchell Hamline School of Law where he taught for three years.
Jonathan graduated summa cum laude from Truman State University, Kirksville, Missouri, with a degree in Justice Systems. He received his law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of St. Thomas. While attending law school, Jonathan served as writing fellow and also worked on the St. Thomas Law Review.
Jonathan clerked with Kelley, Wolter & Scott, P.A. in Minneapolis, and also spent several years writing legal articles as an attorney writer for Findlaw.com in Eagan.
He is licensed to practice in both Minnesota and North Dakota.
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Central Minnesota Legal Aid Board Member.
- A representative of District 4 Greater Minnesota Regional Parks & Trails Commission
- Volunteer Attorney, Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans and Central Minnesota Legal Services
- Designated multiyear North Star Lawyer
- Member, Stearns Benton Bar Association
- Chapter Officer, Central Stearns Ducks Unlimited
- Presenting Member, John E. Simonett American Inn of Court
- Restoration Volunteer, Great River Greening
- As a Grandparent Do You Have Visitation Rights? - by Pamela Steckman
- We Have Agreed to the Terms of Our Divorce, Do I Need a Lawyer? - by Brittany Riehm and Pamela Steckman
- My Ex Isn’t Paying Child Support. Now What? - by Jonathan Wolf
- Agricultural Fence Lines in Adverse Possession Claims - by Jonathan Wolf
- Can an Unmarried Father Get Custody? - by Jonathan Wolf
- Challenging or Defending a Trust? You could be Awarded Attorney’s Fees - by Jonathan Wolf