Roger C. Justin
My hobbies include hunting, fishing, and golf, all of which I enjoy. But, honestly, most of my off-duty time is spent on “projects” around my and my wife, Mary’s, St. Stephen farmhouse. Mowing and maintaining the yard, cutting, splitting, stacking and burning about 12 cords of wood annually to heat our home and shop; helping Mary with her flower gardens, vegetable gardens, sheep and chickens are a few of the things which I spend my time doing. Manual labor saves my brain cells for my clients.
And don’t bother trying to find me on Facebook. I don’t know where it is, and would rather you DIDN’T know what I am doing or have done.
Roger is a shareholder and President of the firm. He concentrates his practice in:
- Business and Commercial Litigation including Contract Disputes, partnership/shareholder litigation and insurance coverage issues.
- Employment Law and Litigation including defending harassment/discrimination claims, defending wrongful discharge claims and the enforcement of non-compete agreements.
- Real Estate/Construction Litigation including the enforcement of construction contracts and change orders, mechanics liens, bond claims, and warranty issues.
- Mediations and Arbitrations
Throughout his cases at Rinke Noonan, Roger has brought and defended claims in these areas in the State and Federal Courts of MN, ND, and WI at both the District and Appellate Courts. He is also a certified neutral by the Minnesota Supreme Court under Rule 114.
Roger graduated magna cum laude with a degree in History from Gustavus Adolphus, and received his Master’s degree in Theology from St. John’s University. Roger graduated magna cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School, where he served on the Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Coif. After graduation, he served a two-year federal court clerkship for Chief Judge Donald Alsop. He joined Rinke Noonan in 1990.
- North Dakota
Roger’s community involvement has included serving on the Board of Directors for the Central Minnesota Sexual Assault Center, the St. Cloud Festival Association, Young Adult Heart Federation, and the St. Stephen Athletic Club.
Real Estate Litigation
- Employer’s Checklist for I-9 Compliance in 2017 - by Anna K.B. Finstrom
- Minneapolis and St. Paul Sick and Safe Time Ordinance Update - by Chad A. Staul